Sorry, we realize that a lot of the instructions were not sent out, so here it is. Hopefully it will help others out there who are new to using the Reusable/ Washing Bamboo Menstrual Pads.
You can pre-wash the menstrual pads. Select cold rinse and spin.
After First Time Use
1. Soak pads in warm water for 2 minutes and then squeezeby hand 3-4 times under warm running water to rinse out blood that's been absorbed through all the layers.
2. Hand wash or machine wash. If it is machine wash, please do not overload your washer. Use Hot or Warm water and cold rinse.
3. Optional – Add ½ cup of baking soda to cut down odors. ½ Cup of vinegar to soften, whitens, sanitize, remove soap residue and deodorize.
4. Best to hang menstrual pads outside in the sun – Natural sunlight naturally help reduce stains, naturally whiten and also environmental friendly. If dryer is a used, dry menstrual pad under low heat.
5. Do not use fabric softener. It will reduce the nursing pad’s absorbency. Please use vinegar; it is better and using fabric softener.
6. NEVER use bleach or detergent that contains chlorine bleach. It will shorten the menstrual pad’s life.
- When traveling outside, bring a resealable bag to put the pads. Please do not rinse the pads after use, put it in the bag and rinse and soak after you get home. If needed, add a little hydrogen peroxide to your soaking tub to help get the blood out.
- The sooner pads are rinsed after they are used, the less staining they will have. Rinsing results in fever stain.
STAIN TIPS - How do I get ride of stain in my bamboo menstrual pads
- In order to get the stain out, put some lemon juice (fresh or bottle) on to the stained area, hang the pads out in the sun for a few hours. Scrubbing is not necessary. Bring the pads back and wash it in the washer or hand wash. Rinse a couple more times to get the acid (from the lemon) out. Repeat this steps to reduce the stain.