Wednesday, January 12, 2011

How to keep cloth diaper from poopy diaper stain?


Question a lot of first time cloth diapering mom would ask:

1) How do I get rid of the solids?
2) How do I avoid getting stains on my diaper?
3) Do I have to wash my diapers immediately?  If not, what do I do with them?
4) What is a diaper liner?  Where can I get them?

I hope this short video clip can help some of you with questions especially with poopy diaper.  I took the opportunity to take a short video clip of my 4.5 months with poopy on his cloth diaper.  Please note that I used the Flushable/ Biodegradable diaper liner, I usually use that in the mornings and afternoon.

1) How do I get rid of the solids?
1.    For semi – solid to solid diapers, remove solids into the toilet or trash.  After that, wash the diaper.  Best to wash diaper as soon as possible.  For my case in the video, it was a semi solid, so, I went ahead and washed it in the sink.

2) How do I avoid getting stains on my diaper and how do I get rid of them?
The best way really is to wash your diapers immediately.  If it is not convenient for you to do that, especially when you are out and about, then, bring the cloth diaper home, turn to a cold wash cycle and soak diapers overnight at the maximum water level. Do NOT use detergent. Use a scoop of oxygen cleaner. Use a little of baking soda will be great too, soak the diapers overnight.  Wash them the next day.

3) Do I have to wash my diapers immediately?  If not, what do I do with them?
I do not wash my diapers immediately.  The best thing is to wash out the solid, put them in a diaper pail.

4) What is a diaper liner?  Where can I get them?
The diaper liner is made out of soft viscose.  I usually put this layer on top of my cloth diaper.  It somehow to me feels like it makes my baby's butt dryer than without it.  It also helps when I have to put diaper rash cream because the diaper rash cream will somehow make the diapers less absorbent.  Lastly, love it when he has poppy diaper that I just throw out the liners and less stain.  You can get them at our store soon.

Overall, I would say that the best thing to do is to wash the diapers immediately, if not, at least rinse it with a diaper sprayer, which i don't have but thank goodness, I have a sink in my laundry room, and use some baking soda and put them in a pail.  When you are ready to wash them, just wash them together.

Tips:    Try to wash them within 2-3 days, it will be hard to remove the stain.  Happy Cloth Diapering!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers Design Studio